Changes at The Lanes
The Lanes, Carlisle – Changes to visiting The Lanes
Following the Prime Minister’s statement on 25th May 2020 we are now following government guidance to enable non-essential stores to reopen from the 15th June 2020.
We look forward to welcoming our customers back and to allow us all to shop, and work, safely we have made some changes:
- There will be guidance about how to move around the malls so please follow the directional signage – please note we ask that you keep to the left when moving around the centre, maps will be updated around the centre to highlight these changes
- Social Distancing – please maintain the 2m distance wherever practical.
- Use of Hand sanitiser – stations have been installed at all entrances and we would request that these are used by all visitors to the centre.
- There will be reduced capacity in our lifts which will be either single occupancy or one family group with priority given to visitors who are unable to use the staircases.
- Wherever possible, please use contactless or card for all your shopping and car park payments.
- Please were a face mask – from 24th July in line with government guidelines it is now compulsory to wear face masks in shops and shopping centres, however we recognise that there are some exemptions.
For all store opening times and further information please visit our store directory and select a store:
Car Park Updates
Our car park will be open but with reduced capacity. Once parked the route to the shops will be different to maintain social distancing, please follow the directional signs. The route back to your car has not changed and remains the central staircase just behind Millie’s Cookies.
For all our car park information please visit: https://www.lanescarlisle.co.uk/customer-services/car-parking/
Further information regarding the reopening of each store can found via the individual store’s own website, links to all retailer websites can be found here: https://www.lanescarlisle.co.uk/shopping-centre/store-map/
Wherever possible we will be keeping you up to date via our social channels in addition to our website.
We hope all our customers and staff stay safe and well during these challenging times. We know these new rules will take some getting used to – we are all in this together, if you feel we can improve please let us know, via our email email@example.com